Scholarships Available to Indiana Baptists
The Baptist Foundation of Indiana is proud to administer a fund established by generous donors to provide scholarships to Indiana Baptists. During the past 18 years, we have awarded over $100,000.00 in scholarships to 385 applicants!
Guidelines for Receiving Scholarship Funds – Scholarship funds are available to assist Indiana Southern Baptists in preparing for religious and other vocations at colleges and seminaries. Scholarships are not available for doctoral candidates. The Foundation will begin accepting applications on November 1st of each year. Applications and supportive documentation must be received by April 1st of the following year in order to be considered for a scholarship. Applications postmarked or received electronically after that date will not be considered. Scholarship awards will be determined in May of each year. Awards are based largely on need.
- A completed application.
- An endorsement of an Indiana Southern Baptist Church.
- A copy of the Financial Aid Form submitted to your school (ONLY IF you have applied for Aid).
- A list of every assistance loan, GI Bill, aid from a deceased relative, Montgomery Bill and annuities (IF applicable).
- A list of your church, school and community activities.
- If applicable, statement of special circumstances which should be considered in determining the amount of aid.
- If you received a scholarship in a previous year(s), attach a copy of your transcript for the most recently completed school year.
- Write a testimony of your relationship with the Lord – (100-300 words typed).
- Please submit one of the two items requested below with your testimony.
- Briefly, explain why you chose your degree program and the school you plan to attend; or,
- Briefly tell us some more about yourself – describe a life changing event, a person who has profoundly affected your life, or some key insight into your personality.